I wanted to use this blog post to let you have a peek into some behind-the-scenes details about the girl behind Creatives Write. I’m not a huge fan of talking about myself online, but I thought this would be a fun way to introduce myself to everyone who visits the Creatives Write blog but doesn’t know me!
If you’ve clicked around the site a bit, you’ll have noticed that I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Washington DC, but here are some other fun facts about me:
1. I have two younger brothers and a younger sister. The boys might kill me for posting this picture, but it’s just too good to not share! 🙂 And my sister—love this gorgeous girl so much. I can’t handle how pretty she is!
2. I play three (or five) instruments, depending on how you’re counting! My primary instrument is oboe, which means I can also play the English horn and the bass oboe (it’s a thing, I promise! Check out this short video). I also play alto saxophone and handbells. You can see the Youtube video from my choir participating in the National Anthem at a Nationals game, here! (Side note: I’m a huge Nats fan!) You’ll see me and my group on the jumbotron at about 46 seconds. 🙂
BONUS: if you want to see an attempt at trying to make the oboe seem cool, look at this. << That video makes my life worth living!!
3. I used to work at a movie theater. Would you like butter on your popcorn? It was the perfect job for me, since I’m a huge movie buff! 🙂 I attribute this job to a lot of my character building over the four years I worked there. Retail is hard, my friends! But, yes, we got free movies, and could eat the super fresh popcorn when it was falling out of the kettle… yummm.
4. I have a bit of wanderlust (like every other person my age, am I right?). So far I’ve been blessed with opportunities to travel to China, Greece, Morocco, the Dominican Republic, and Canada (if you want to count that since we just went to Niagara Falls 😛 ). I’ve also been able to visit Hawaii, Boston, Savannah, Charleston and a number of other places in the U.S. of A.! I have a big, long list of other places I hope to travel in the future.
(But no matter where in the world I go, Morocco holds my heart!)
I couldn’t speak enough Spanish to really communicate with this little girl, but I hope she knew how much this moment meant to me!
Susquehanna (my alma mater) requires that students participate in a study abroad experience. I was so happy to have one of my best friends traversing the Greek landscape with me!
5. I have 11 tattoos. There are some pictures of my tattoos scattered around my Facebook page, but I’ll save those for another time! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me today! Leave a comment below telling me something unique about you. I can’t wait to get to know you better! 🙂